Pages

2.22.2016

A Post: Weekly Reads / 02.22.2016


Still working on First Ladies: Presidential Historians on the Lives of 45 Iconic Women by Susan Swain and C-SPAN.

Started Alexander Chee's The Queen of the Night a couple of days ago and hate having to do anything other than read it. A+ historical fiction (even though one scene prompted intense eye roll action) based in Paris with loads of debauchery and enchanting prose.

Hoping to get into some of the comics I've got stacked on my coffee table to finish out #comicsFebruary before we call a wrap on the month.

If all goes to plan, I'll finally post my review on The Improbability of Love & The Bronte Plot later this week because it's seriously been sitting in my draft list for TWO WEEKS and that's just unacceptable.



What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos! That book was meant to have its picture taken that way. Glad you're enjoying it! I set it down in the middle of my move, but really hope I can get to it agaian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. I just finished and have a review to come. Not my favorite, but interesting if you enjoy opera.

      Delete
  2. I love your photos - they are fantastic! I've heard so many wonderful things about that book and sounds like they were all right. So glad you are enjoying it. Looking forward to your review on those two books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw.. you are too sweet!

      As I mentioned above, I just finished and wasn't blown away, but I still think it's worth a recommendation.

      Delete
  3. I've been working my way through First Ladies, too. I keep having to return it to the library and then check it out again later, because I like reading it in short bursts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I'll end up doing, as well. I can't seem to pick it back up at the minute with everything else competing to be read.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your photos for this book! What did you end up thinking? I liked it but not loved it. The plot lost me- too much of it, but I did love the parts about Empress Eugenie and her clothes (I'm shallow like that!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...